A2L GAS DETECTION SYSTEM
ACCORDING TO REGULATIONS, WHEN ARE WE REQUIRED TO INSTALL AN A2L GAS LEAK DETECTOR?
- If the maximum allowed gas charge is not exceeded but the practical limit is, then an A2L gas detector without ATEX marking AKO-57624 must be installed.
- If the maximum allowed gas charge is exceeded, a risk analysis must be carried out to determine the level of risk of the zone.
- If the risk analysis identifies the Zone as having Negligible Extent (zone 2 ED), then an A2L gas detector without an ATEX marking, AKO-57624 must be installed.
- If the analysis concludes the hazardous Zone is classified as 0, 1 or 2, a detector with ATEX marking that is suitable for the zone type (0, 1 or 2) must be installed.
- COLD ROOMS: A2L gas detector when the concentration of coolant gas may exceed the practical limit. The detector must be connected to an external alarm located at the permanent monitoring centre.
- MACHINE ROOMS: A2L gas detector every 50m2 when the PCA>0 if the system charge exceeds 25 kg or the practical limit may be exceeded. You must activate the ventilation system to isolate parts of the system if the levels rise to 25% of LFL or 50% of the ATEL/ODL.
- OCCUPIED SPACES: A2L gas detector every 50m2 when the concentration of coolant gas may exceed the practical limit. The detector must be connected to an external alarm located at the permanent monitoring centre.
- Strict compliance with the F-GAS regulation, EN-378.
- Quick and easy installation, plug&play. With MODBUS connectivity connected in series.
- Maximum reliability with a robust and long-lasting construction, with IP68 enclosure capable of withstanding temperatures up to -25ºC. Simplification of the A2L detector product range with a single unit to cover all your needs.
- 100% compatible with our range of alarm and man inside confined space products; a single solution that is compliant with all current regulations.
- Wide operating range up to -25ºC
- IP68 waterproof rating
- 2 Alarm Levels (pre-alarm and alarm)
- SetHold and Maintenance mode to prevent false alarms while carrying out gas recharge or cleaning tasks
- Integrated MODBUS communication
- Built-in Alarm relays